Bringing books to life
March 6th 2014 is World Book Day, and my guess is that you’ve had a letter from your children’s school asking that you to send them in dressed as their favourite book character!
While the thought of unleashing your inner Blue Peter may have some jumping with glee – others I have no doubt, will be tearing their hair out.
While I can’t do the gluing and sewing for you – I can help out with a bit of inspiration. So I’ve done a bit of research and found these links.
Here are some ideas for starters ……
- The Gruffalo
- One of the Mr Men
- Robin Hood
- Dennis the Menace
- Peter Pan
- Horrid Henry
- James and the Giant Peach
- Character from Harry Potter
- Character from The Lord of the Rings
- Snow White
- Beauty and the Beast
- Alice in Wonderland
- Felicity Wishes (the blonde fairy that loves pink)
- Rainbow Fairies – Ruby, Amber or Fern
- A character from The Famous Five
- Malory Towers or St Clare’s
- One of the children or another character from Narnia?
As with any good book – all a costume really needs is a big dose of imagination.
Alison x (your 4Manchester Women Editor)