Look like a glamorous Hollywood Film Star this summer.
Wow – the weather is gorgeous today – time to head for the coast and invest in a little vintage beach style.
Susie writes about bargain hunting, shopping with a retro twist, vintage furniture and clothes, to name but a few.
Old Fashioned to Susie, means that she believes in manners, chivalry and buying quality over quantity. “It doesn’t mean I actually want to live in the days when sexism was rife by the way!” she says.
My swimwear picks
Whether you’re preparing to go off on your holidays – or looking to cash in on our current heatwave you can look great wearing one of these gorgeous retro inspired pieces of swimwear.
You see, I’ve done the ground work for you- hell, I’ve even bought one of these myself (number three if you were wondering) so all you have to do is click!
I shall explain;
1. Is by Seafolly, not a brand I’d heard of if I’m honest, from ASOS, it’s the Sophia One Piece for £95. I love gingham and teamed with a tie bust and a lower cut leg this says 50’s Americana to me, Cowboy hat optional.
2. For the footballers wives amongst you (wink, wink) is this fabulous bikini by Norma Kamali on Net A Porter. Top £150 and Bottoms £150, but it is stunning and very authentic looking.
3. Next up is this sweet polka dot number from For Luna at £59.95. It is designed by Esther Williams who had water based roles in many Hollywood films of the 40’s and 50’s. I can vouch that you really feel like a Hollywood starlet when wearing one of these.
4. The 1950’s had a huge trend for kitsch versions of South Pacific and Polynesian styles and this Tiki inspired swimsuit ticks all the right boxes, halter neck, flattering mid to low leg and a big floral and leaf design. This is £28 from BHS.
5. Now this looks almost too glamorous to swim in! It’s the Marilyn swimsuit from Deadly is the Female and it’s £85. With powermesh and shelf cups, to define and shape your curves, this is designed to break hearts- purchase with care!
6. Last but not least is this early 1960s swimsuit which has a brilliant geometric print. It’s a Panache suit but I found this at Tesco’s for £46. So you can even collect your points!
So what are you waiting for – just add hot red lippy, waterproof mascara and a fabulous cocktail!
Photographs: Old Fashioned Susie
This is not a sponsored blog post.