How to throw the dream party with Magic Fairy Wings
Most little girls go through a pink Princess phase where all things magic, sparkly and with wings are to be adored.
I’m sure many of you will have asked your daughters (or sons?) what kind of a birthday party they’d like this year, to be showered with ‘pleases’ for a Princess Party.
We asked Debbie Talbot from Magic Fairy Wings to help out with some top tips for conjuring up the perfect Princess Party.
Are you sitting comfortably – then I’ll begin!
Once upon a time there was a stressed out mum who had a party to organise, but didn’t have a clue where to begin or how to transfer her 1970′s semi into Camelot!
But with a wave of my wand a sprinkle of fairy dust I was able to help transform various shades of neutral into a gorgeous pink palace with all the special touches that make the perfect Princess Party.
Here’s my ‘How To’ guide with some top tips for the perfect party.
If it’s a summer celebration, then why not plan your party in the grounds of an actual castle, and have a fabulous Princess picnic.
Unfortunately we’re not blessed with an abundance of castles within striking distance of Manchester, so if having it at home isn’t an option, hire your local church hall, community or leisure centre sports hall, and turn it into a fairytale treat.
- Create a pink carpet for the guests to walk into the ‘Princess castle’ with some sumptuous pink material.
- Tie pink and silver balloons around the entrance and throughout the venue.
- Make or buy some Princess Party bunting to spread the magic throughout the room.
Set the tone for your Princess Party with some special Princess themed invitations.
If you’d like to make them especially special then why not check out our Magic Fairy Wings personalised invites here.
To make them even more Princessy, roll them up like a scroll and tie them with a pink ribbon.
Invite all the guests to come dressed in pink, or as their favourite Princess. If anyone comes as Princess Ann then give them an extra slice of birthday cake!
If you’re feeling crafty, then by all means have a go at making your own.
Have a look at this How to make a no sew Princess costume from a pillow case tutorial.
Alternatively we’ve got some beautiful Magic Fairy Wings dressing up outfits (click here) which will make your little Princess the Belle of the ball.
Accessorise with a tiara and wand from our collection.
- Display a treasure chest full of beads and baubles for the party Princesses to bejewel themselves as befits their status.
- Alternatively, buy some kids jewellery bead craft kits so that they can make their own.
- Book a children’s entertainer – A Manchester based one I recently used for my daughter’s birthday party was Princess Impersonations which cost a very reasonable £40.00 for a half hour visit (see the Princess in the yellow dress above). The children heard a beautiful story written especially to include the birthday girl and learnt princess etiquette.
- Play pass the parcel with a pink wrapped present full of Princess gifts.
- Pin the jewel on the crown, the fly on the frog, the crown on the Princess, or the tail on the dragon.
- Try musical statues to a sound track of Beauty and the Beast.
- Pink lemonade is a must for a Princess Party.
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of stars, crowns and hearts to cut out themed sandwiches.
- Make magic wands from a slice of kiwi fruit and a piece of star shaped water melon on a wooden skewer.
- A Princess birthday cake is an absolute must – Asda sell a lovely princess cake (click here) for £9.00. Alternatively, create a tower of cupcakes with pink icing.
At Magic Fairy Wings we’ve got some lovely and very reasonably priced party bags and fillers (click here)..
Another idea would be to provide a small gift for each child to take home instead such as one of our fabulous feather trimmed Princess purse (click here).
We hope that your little Princess has a lovely time!
We’ve got a super cute Melissa and Doug Princess Fancy Dress Outfit (see picture here), value £19.99 to give away to one lucky reader.
All we want to know is who is your favourite Princess?
Pop it in the comments box below – but only one comment per person please.
So don’t be shy – tell us who’s your favourite Princess!
Web site: magicfairywings.com
Tel: 0161 787 8550
This blog is produced in collaboration with our friends at Magic Fairy Wings. We occasionally publish blogs funded by commercial partners.
By taking part in this competition you are agreeing to 4Manchester Womens Terms & Conditions for competitions and prize draws.
Competition closing date: 9pm Friday 1st November 2013.
The winner will be the first name selected at random from all respondents. No purchase necessary. No cash alternative. The Editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Closing date is 9pm Friday 1st November 2013. The winner will be notified immediately. Only one entry per person. UK entries only. No automated entries. Supporting ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions, loquax and Competitions Time. If you are the lucky winner, your contact details will be forwarded to the providers of the prize, strictly for the purpose of fulfilling the prize and not for any other purpose.
Please note: Should you be notified as the winner, and you do not respond within 2 days of our notification, we reserve the right to re-draw the winner.
Previous competition winners (last 6 months)
Real Nappy Week – win a selection of real nappies (16th April 2013). Winner Sarah Fisher.
Stylish Summer Homes – win Next home goodies (6th June 2013). Winner Ann Calland.
Lady Boys of Bangkok – win tickets (8th June 2013). Winners Rachel Fisher, Catherine Anderson.
The Cruise Show – win tickets (14th July 2013). Winners Kathy Cakebread, Karen Mckend, Claire Kelly.
Sushi Making Masterclass – win a sushi making kit (30th July 2013). Winner Sarah Plant.
Cocktails & Dreams – win a cocktail making masterclass at Lock 91 (29th August 2013). Winner Nicola Robinson.
Creative Stitches & Hobbycraft Show – win tickets (1st September 2013). Winners Claire Jackson, Pauline Rendell, Joanna Arthur, Fran Morgan, Liz Ferguson, Michelle Smith, Dil Price, Pam Gregory, Linda Weatherley.
The Independent Interiors Show – win a house hamper (3rd September 2013). Winner
Indulge Fragrance Boutique – win bottles of perfume (8th September 2013). Winners Gillian Shiels, Leanne Williams, Julie Ward.
Creamline Diaries / Getting Kids to Eat Breakfast – win a Saturday Cookshop course with a celebrity chef (18th September 2013). WInner Sara Perry.
The Lounge Gallery – win a Michelle Keeling necklace (22nd September). Winner Alison Ferrara